Making clean selections is a key part of using Countfire.
Clean selections improve Countfire’s automatic matching and also reduce the number of selections needed to complete a project.
Reviewing all selections within a discipline is a great way to ensure your selections are clean.
How do I review all selections?
A best practice workflow for reviewing all selections:
- Start at the top of your list of symbol descriptions.
- Click on the first symbol description’s heading.
- Click “Edit” on the first selection saved underneath (to open it in the editor).
- Use the up / down arrow keys to quickly cycle through your selections.
- Edit any selections as you go, making sure all selections are clean.
- If you make changes, double tap the ‘E’ key to save/close the editor, and open it back up again.
- Continue to use the up / down arrow keys until you have reviewed all selections under that symbol description (note the selection numbering in the top right of the editor).
- Move to the next symbol description and repeat this checking process.
In the clip above, you can see each selection being reviewed in turn.
The Type F & FE selections are clean, and therefore no editing is required, however, the Type O & OE symbols have some unnecessary elements, and these are removed as each selection is reviewed.
By reviewing all selections and ensuring the Type O & OE selections are clean, the automatic matching improves from 6 & 3 matches, up to 78 & 10 matches respectively.
And by using the keyboard shortcuts detailed above, this review is extremely quick to carry out.
How to: Simplify complex selections.