You can add a multiplier to a demarcation heading so that all items underneath that heading (on all drawings) are multiplied within the final Excel spreadsheet.
How does adding a demarcation multiplier help?
Being able to multiply all items under a demarcation heading can be helpful when the PDFs you are working with, don't necessarily reflect the total quantities required on a project.
- You have a single "typical" PDF, which reflects a number of floors (EG: Levels 2-5).
- You have a single apartment type, which needs to be multiplied by the total number of apartments of that type.
How do I add a demarcation multiplier?
- Open a drawing and navigate to the "Split" tab.
- Click on the demarcation heading that you want to set the demarcation multiplier for.
- Click on the demarcation's advanced options (3 small dots to the right its name).
- Enter a number to multiply that demarcation heading by.
- Press enter or click outside of the demarcation heading field to confirm the value.
- Repeat steps 2-5 for each demarcation you'd like to add a multiplier to.
In the example above, you can see that only first PDF / column has a demarcation, and that demarcation is being multiplied by 5. Additionally, the numbers affected by the demarcation multiplier have been highlighted red.
Note: demarcation multipliers affect all items under the demarcation heading they're applied to, on all drawings.
How to: Move symbol selections.