Items can be grouped together in Countfire to help structure information both in-app, and in the Excel quantities spreadsheet.
How are grouped items helpful?
Being able to group items together is helpful in the following scenarios:
- When you have a single set of PDFs with a mix of disciplines (EG: lighting & power), and want to show the lighting and power separately in the Excel quantities spreadsheet
- When measuring containment and you want to organise related lengths, bends and tees etc together
- When you have a complex project with many items, and want to better organise those items
How to create groups
- Navigate to either the "Count" or "Measure" tab at the top of the page (Shortcut to cycle through tabs = W)
- Click the dropdown arrow next to the "Create" button
- Click "Group" (Shortcut = G)
- Enter a name for your group
- Press enter
How to group items together
There are two ways to add items to groups:
Add an existing item to a group
- Click and hold the existing item
- Drag and drop it over the group
Create a new item within an existing group
- Click the group you wish to create the new item inside, or click any existing item inside the group
- Click "Create" (Shortcut = C)
How to remove items from groups
- Click and hold the item you want to remove
- Drag and drop it over another group, or over the ungrouped heading at the bottom of the list
How to delete groups
In order to delete a group, you first need to make sure it's empty.
There are two ways to empty a group:
- Move all items out of the group
- Delete all items within the group
Once the group is empty, hover the mouse over the group and click the "Trash" icon.
How to: Measure lengths.