What are some use cases for the linear measurement tool?
- Measuring containment runs or linear feature lighting.
- Measuring busbar, cabling and conduit runs.
- Measuring pipework or ductwork runs.
How do I measure a length?
- Click on the “Measure” tab at the top left of the page (shortcut to cycle through tabs = W).
- Set a scale for your drawing (learn more about setting a scale).
- Click “Create” (shortcut = C).
- Type the description for your linear measurement.
- Click “Length” to change this measure type to be a linear measurement (as opposed to an area or point / manual count).
- Switch to selection mode by clicking “Select" (shortcut = S) until the mouse cursor turns into a crosshair.
- Draw the line you require by clicking at the start, on each bend or turn, and then finally at the end of your line (hold shift to snap to a straight line).
- Complete / finish the line by clicking on the final node again (or by right-clicking)
- Click "Save" (Shortcut = A) to save your linear measurement.
How do I edit a linear measurement?
There are two ways to edit a measurement:
- Right-click on a measurement while in select mode
- Click the edit button to the left of the measurement in the sidebar
Once in edit mode, you can adjust the measurement in two ways:
- Drag and drop individual nodes to adjust the length and orientation of the linear measurement
- Drag and drop the entire measurement to adjust its position
What else can I do with linear measurements?
- Hold shift while moving or resizing a linear measurement to snap adjustments to 90 degree angles
- Add extra nodes by double clicking on the edge of a linear measurement
- Double click existing nodes to remove them
How do I delete a linear measurement?
There are two ways to delete a linear measurement
- Each linear measurement is listed on the left-hand side of the screen
- Hover your mouse over each measurement to highlight it on your drawing
- Click the “x” to delete
- While editing a linear measurement, press "Delete"
How to: Measure areas.