What are some use cases for the area measurement tool?
- Calculating the total area of a floor or level.
- Calculating the area of an apartment or room.
- Calculating the area of the tenants and landlords portions of a building.
How do I measure an area?
- Click on the “Measure” tab at the top left of the page (shortcut to cycle through tabs = W).
- Set a scale for your drawing (learn more about setting a scale).
- Click “Create” (shortcut = C).
- Type the description for your area measurement.
- Click “Area” to change this measure type to be an area measurement (as opposed to a linear measurement or point / manual count).
- Switch to selection mode by clicking “Select” (shortcut = S) until the mouse cursor turns into a crosshair.
- Draw an outline of the area you require by clicking each corner in turn (hold shift to snap to a straight line).
- Complete / finish the area by clicking on the final corner again (or by right-clicking).
- Click "Save" (Shortcut = A) to save your linear measurement.
How do I edit an area measurement?
There are two ways to edit a measurement:
- Right-click on an item while in select mode
- Click the edit button to the left of the measurement in the sidebar
Once in edit mode, you can adjust the measurement in two ways:
- Drag and drop individual nodes to adjust the size and shape of the area measurement
- Drag and drop the entire measurement to adjust its position
What else can I do with areas?
- Hold shift while moving or resizing an area to snap adjustments to 90 degree angles
- Add extra nodes by double clicking on the edge of an area
- Double click existing nodes to remove them
How do I delete an area measurement?
There are two ways to delete an area measurement
- Each area measurement is listed on the left-hand side of the screen
- Hover your mouse over each measurement to highlight it on your drawing
- Click the “x” to delete
- While editing an area measurement, press "Delete"
How to: Set a drawing’s scale.