What is manual counting for?
- Counting items that aren’t specifically detailed on your drawings (e.g. a design and build project)
- Counting items that are detailed, but not in such a way that you can use automatic counting to quantify them (e.g. containment bends and tees)
- Your drawing is an image as opposed to a normal PDF that’s been produced by CAD software (images don’t contain the required information for Countfire’s automatic counting function)
How do I count items manually?
- Click on the “Measure” tab at the top left of the page (shortcut to cycle through tabs = W)
- Click “Create” (shortcut = C)
- Type the description for your symbol
- Click “Point” to change this measure type to be a manual count (as opposed to a linear or area measurement)
- Switch to selection mode by clicking “Select" (shortcut = S) until the mouse cursor turns into a crosshair
- Manually click on each item you would like to count
- Click "Save" (shortcut = A) to save your points
How do I edit manual points?
There are two ways to edit a manual point:
- Right-click on a point while in select mode
- Click the edit button to the left of the point in the sidebar
Once in edit mode, you can adjust the point by dragging and dropping it.
How do I delete a manual point?
There are two ways to delete a manual point:
- Each point is listed on the left-hand side of the screen
- Hover your mouse over each point to highlight it on your drawing
- Click the “x” to delete
- While editing a point, press "Delete"
How to: Change the shape of manual points.